Monday, August 17, 2009

What's in a Name...

Throughout our engagement I would joke that I was going to hypenate my name so that I could keep cool initials (CAT to CATS instead of CAS) and I said that Aaron was going to hypenate as well. There was never any doubt in my mind that I was going to take Aaron's last name and it wasn't a big deal to me. After we got back from our honeymoon and I started filling out all the paperwork and taking all the steps to get my name changed I started to get a little sad that I would no longer be "Carolyn Trick." Even though its been over 3 months and everything has officially been changed to Sebourn and I've be writing (and seeing) my name as Carolyn Sebourn sometimes it still takes me by surprise.

In more exciting news, we're heading up to Lake Erie this coming weekend with my family. Its the only time I have off between summer and fall classes start, so it'll be nice to just relax. We're going to go to Cedar point one day and maybe out to Kelly's Island. Hopefully I'll remember to take some pictures so I can post some when we get back.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

i personally love your name! i love you super much and good luck on your finals.

Isaac and Leanne said...

it's still really wierd to say or write "leanne sebourn"! i love it and i never thought about not droping the "thomas", but having a different last name after 20 years is hard to remember sometimes haha.

Melissa Sebourn said...

I totally understand about the name. It's strange because we've been married four years and it still occassionally takes me by surprise when someone calls my name (like at a doctor's office). They will be calling, "Melissa Sebourn" and I'll be looking around wondering who Melissa Sebourn is and why she doesn't answer the nurse!

I hope you had fun on your trip :)