I am not a fan of bandwagon jumpers. Now that the Bengals are 4-1 (and should be 5-0 if it weren't for a freak accident in the final seconds of their first game) I have noticed that some of those fair whether fans that only come around when we're doing halfway decent are starting to express their "love" for the Bengals. Don't get me wrong, its great to have a lot of supporters for your team, but there's a quote by Marilyn Monroe that says "...if you can't handle me at my worst you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best." And I know that when Marilyn said that she clearly wasn't talking about football but I think it relates. It really annoys me when people who continually bash a team all of a sudden act like huge fans as soon as said team wins a few games in a row.
So, moral of the story, if you're going to be a fan, be a fan through the good and the bad so as not to anger us true fans.
Monday, October 12, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
amen sista! :)
You are awesome! I have a friend back in Utah who is die-hard Bengals fan, he too is super annoyed w/the bandwagoners!
Post a Comment