Sunday, September 14, 2008

The first one!

I've seen a few of Aaron's sister-in-laws blogs and thought it would be fun to start one of our own! I was going to wait until after we were married to start, but then thought it'd be nice to be able to blog about the wedding planning so we can look back and remember it all. And also to help keep people updated on our planning!

So... here it goes!

It's hard to believe the wedding is in a little under 8 months. It seems like we still have sooo much to do, but here are the details we have so far:
So far we've booked the church, St. Rita, which is the church my parents grew up in (they even went to grade school there) and they were also married here and I was baptized here.
We're having the reception at the Meadowbrook Country Club. The room looks out over the golf course and has an amazing view! Plus, the food is delicious! We decided to have prime rib and chicken marsala for the dinner.
We've also book a photographer. Her website is http://www.donahophotography.com/ and she's amazing. I'm so excited to see the pictures she's going to take! And Mel's already put in a request to have the WHOLE Sebourn clan in a picture together, so if you have any other requests, let us know!:)
We booked the HONEYMOON! We're going to an all-inclusive resort in Riviera Maya (near Cancun).
We have booked a DJ, and gotten invitations. I also have my dress and so do the bridesmaids and we have the ties for the groomsmen.
Oh, and we have a wedding website. Check it out at: http://www.mywedding.com/carolynandaaron

Now that we're both in school we haven't had much time to do any planning, but I'm going home next weekend and hope to go shopping for a veil and meet with a florist! Then the only major thing we'll have left is a baker, and we have a few options for that.

2 comments:

Melissa Sebourn said...

yay, I am so happy you have a blog! So is the power back on in Oxford? Were you able to save all your food? Crazy weather!

Isaac and Leanne said...

like mel, i'm so happy you have a blog too!! another way we can keep up with you two :) aaron said it got pretty bad where y'all are, i hope everything is ok! good luck with the rest of the planning, we are so excited for the wedding!!

-leanne