Wednesday, October 15, 2008

I live with a boy!!

Aaron and I lead very normal, uninteresting lives. I find it hard to think of things to blog about since there's not much going on in our lives these days. I decided to ask Aaron for an idea of something to blog about. His response? Periods. Gross right? So I'll spare from the wonderful-ness that could have come if I would have taken his advice. But it did give me an idea for something to write about, so he is slightly useful after all!;-)

Starting about this time a year ago, Aaron and I started seriously talking about getting married. (And by talking I mean I was putting the pressure on him for a ring.) We also talked a lot about what would happen this fall when I started grad school. We both hated the long distance relationship and knew that we didn't want to do it anymore, so we started talking about living together when I came to grad school. We realized it would make some people unhappy since we weren't planning on getting married yet, but decided that even if we weren't living together we'd still be going to the same school. So financially it made the most sense to live together.

Since my freshman year of college I have technically not lived at home. Sure, I'd come home some weekends, over breaks and for the summer, but 9 months a year I lived at school. Even still I always considered my parent's house "home." This summer, about a week before classes started, it hit me that I was moving out for good. I would never again live at my parent's house. This was very sad for me because I love my parents. They are the greatest parents in the whole world! Not only was I moving out of my parent's house, but I was moving in with a boy! Aaron had lived with us before, but for the most part he was contained to the basement. And now we didn't have my mom to cook and clean, we were going to have to do it on our own.

Living with Aaron is definitly not what I expected. Last year, I lived completely on my own, so I was used to being able to shower whenever I wanted, eating random meals at random times, I had total control of the (walk-in!!!) closet and I got the bed all to myself. Now I have to get up a little earlier to shower before Aaron does and I have to share the bed. This is very hard for me because I like to spread out. Aaron is constantly telling me to move over, and if he gets up in the middle of the night to go to the bathroom, he often comes back to find that I have taken over the whole bed. We also have some problems deciding what to watch on tv. Usually I like to watch my girl-y shows and he wants to play Halo. Aaron also has a habit of wearing clothes a few hours, taking them off and leaving them all in a chair in the bedroom. His stack of clothes just grows and grows until finally I get annoyed and start putting stuff in the hamper.

But living with a boy isn't all bad. It's nice to get to see Aaron everyday, even if it's only for a few minutes. It's nice to be able to cuddle whenever I want, and it's nice to have a roommate I actually like!:) Plus Aaron usually helps me out with the cooking, cleaning and laundry, and he's one of the best dishwashers I've ever met. I love living with Aaron and I'm glad we decided to move in together and I can't wait to spend the rest of our lives hogging the bed:)

1 comment:

Isaac and Leanne said...

HAHA i know what that's like! I too hog the bed and usually kick Isaac or something during the night. And like Aaron, Isaac will take his clothes off and put them where ever he is at that time. They don't change much :D