Monday, November 24, 2008
Packing
I've come to the conclusion that I hate packing. Actually, I've always hated it, and I've always put it off until the last minute, but I've finally figured out why I dislike it so much... I can't decide what I want to wear on any given day, let alone for the whole week. Usually when I'm packing to go to my parents or on vacation I'm not sure what my plans are, so I don't know what kind of clothes I'm going to need. I never know if I'm going to need hoodies to lounge around in or if I'm going to need to look nice. Usually I end up overpacking, I pack a lot of cute outfits that I intend to wear, but also plenty of comfy clothes because I know I'll be too lazy to make myself look nice, plus, I like to have options. (Typically I end up packing about 2 outfits per day because I don't know what I need and heaven forbid I wear the same outfit twice) Then, when I return home and am unpacking I discover all the cute clothes I packed and I'm sad that I didn't wear them. Aaron also hates that I overpack because it usually means that he gets stuck lugging around my overstuffed bag, 1/2 full with clothes I never got around to wearing. So, as I sit here and debate what clothes I'll be wearing for the 4ish days I'll be home for Thanksgiving, I've already mentally packed 4 hoodies, 3 sweaters and a few pairs of jeans :-)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
LOL. Carolyn I totally feel the same way! And recently I've started doing the same thing for Eden so now Noah has to haul around 2 outfits per day for me and her!!!
oh this is Mel BTW, I don't know why it says "Noah"
Post a Comment