It's weekends like this that make me wish weekends would never end. Our weekend actually started on Thursday when we went over to some friends' apartment to watch The Office which wasn't on because of the vice-president debate. Instead we spent the night watching Friends (obviously I was happy!) and playing games. It's funny how games can bring out the dumb in people. :) My favorite quote of the night came from Amanda while playing catchphrase. The clue was "you wear it on your graduation cap." Amanda's guess? "MISTLETOE!" haha! Needless to say she wasn't a very big help to our team..
Aaron and I spent Friday night at home, which consisted of me going to bed and my normal ridiculously early bedtime and Aaron staying up until all hours of the night playing Halo.
This weekend at Miami was "Family Weekend" so of course my parents came for a visit!:) They got here at about 11:30 and we went out to Butterfield Farm (where Aaron works) so my mom could stock up on apple cider and delicious bread! After Aaron got off work we went home and Mel, Noah, baby Eden and puppy Saul arrived! We decided to walk uptown to get some lunch and then show everyone around campus. Around 4ish Harold and Janice plus Brianna, Grayson and the exchange student showed up. We spent the rest of the afternoon visiting, watching football and eating:) Everyone left around 6:30ish and Aaron and I headed to Bdubs to watch the Ohio State game with friends.
Sunday Aaron works all day, so I'm usually left alone to entertain myself, but luckily today my cousin, her husband and their 4 kids came down for a visit. My cousin and her husband actually met at Miami (they're Miami mergers!! haha) so it was fun getting to show the kids around where their parents met. We started out by going to Butterfield where Aaron took us on a super fun hayride that ended with a visit to the cows! Then I got dragged around by the two big kids ("Follow me Carolyn, follow me!") to find the two perfect pumpkins (of course they wanted the 100ish pound ones! haha). We went to the bookstore so all the kids could get Miami t-shirts and then had lunch/dinner and walked around campus so they could get some family pictures. I'm so glad they came for a visit! I always have a blast with those kids and I miss them so much when I'm at school. They are definitely 4 of the funniest kids I know!
Sunday, October 5, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
yay, I love family weekends too. Thanks for having us over, it was awesome!
Post a Comment