Monday, October 27, 2008
Family Vacation
Every summer since I can remember, my family has gone on vacation for a week-ish. This year, for the first time ever, we won't be able to go because I have an externship and classes and Aaron will probably have to take summer classes to be able to graduate on time. So we were talking about possibly going somewhere over spring break since my sister and Aaron and I have the same week off. But then I got a brilliant idea!! Starting when I was about 6 or 7 my family and some friends would go skiing in northern Michigan over the long Martin Luther King holiday. When I was about 10 or 11 we stopped making these trips. Since then we've gone to Mad River whenever possible and we've made two trips to Michigan to visit my aunt and uncle who live within an hour drive of two different ski resorts, but it just hasn't been the same. So I get this super amazing idea to go skiing over Christmas break as our "family vacation." We've started planning and I'm getting very excited! We're leaving a few days into the new year and stopping off at my aunt's house for a day to take my cousin's skiing and to teach Aaron on the 'easy slopes.' Then we'll head farther north to Boyne Mountain and spend the next 4ish days skiing. I'm excited!:)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
HEY! we will probably find out early next year about the air force. We will be back and forth between KY and OH for about a week and a half for the break! We'll be in OH Sat. 22, Sun 23, then go back to KY Mon and Tuesday. Then back up to OH Wed, Thurs, Fri, and then back to KY on Sat. Can't wait to see you both!
Post a Comment